TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Those are minor hurdles IMO
People Seeking Info

Subject Those are minor hurdles IMO

Posted by bartz32tt on October 17, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  This message has been viewed 334 times.

In Reply To I have heard conflicting information i.e. The stock fuel posted by Alan (TN) on October 16, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Message I've also heard conflicting info on the stock rubber fuel lines (not the metal hardlines, but even those wouldn't be difficult to change). Personally, I wouldn't chance using the stock rubber lines. Which is why I decided to use Gates Barricade 3/8" fuel lines throughout my car - 100% ethanol compatible and SLIGHTLY smaller than the oem size for a nice tight fit. Cheaper than OEM too. Even the lines above the fuel tank were changed(which are a total b*tch to get to). That was the hardest part, but if I were to do it again then I would just remove the FP (might as well upgrade the FP from here - small investment for peace of mind), attach Swedgelok fittings, then run ss braided lines from there all the way up to the engine (or to the stock hardline below the driver's door if you're not concerned with enlarging the fuel supply/return line size. I still might do that actually.
The biggest hurdle for me is getting a good tune initially. When I last spoke to SZ, they recommended against mailing a chip tune due to not enough E85 tunes with my specifications under their belt and too many variables. Since then, they've done way more E85 tunes so maybe that's changed (I hope). Otherwise, I'll have to catch them in a surrounding city for a live tune sometime after my build.

________________Sig Separator________________________

Parting out my entire 1990 twin turbo! Please email me for needed parts! See profile for my WTB/WTT list as well.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.